Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Holidays - Windowsill Scene

Hello! Today I want to show off another favorite decorative Christmas touch today, and of course everything was purchased at either a thrift store or garage sale. 

A small window between our kitchen and powder room is home to this scene every Christmas:

Almost everything seen above is vintage, but of course none of it was expensive to buy!

Now I'll give you some close-ups:

The small bottle-brush trees aren't vintage, but fit the scale of my scene.


As you know from a recent post, I love Santas and so I couldn't pass this little guy up, especially since he was only 50c at a thrift store. What I didn't realize until a few weeks ago is that he was originally part of a place card set - there's a slot on his back for a place card. (I learned of his "heritage" upon reading the listing of an identical item on eBay).




A small tinsel tree marked "Japan" on the bottom and with spun-head figures as ornaments. Paid 50c for it at our church's thrift store when we lived out east in the 1990's. It's seen better days but I still got a kick out of finding it!

Angel spun-head ornament. I added the tiny reindeer because he didn't want to stand up on his own. 

Santa, elf and snowman on the tree. The tree itself is about 7 1/2" high but the Santa with his pointy hat adds another 2" to the height. 

On one side of the tinsel tree is a Made-in-Japan Santa holding court over some reindeer and some trees. 

And on the other side of the tinsel tree is the mate of the other white reindeer, along with some tiny reindeer and the little Santa place card holder. I got the small plastic Christmas tree for a quarter last year at a thrift store. 

And that's my windowsill scene - small in scale and in price, but I think it's big on charm! Hope you agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment