Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Made It - Let The Valentine's Day Crafting Begin!

Hello! I'm behind on my Valentine's Day crafting, due in part to some home repair projects that took nearly a month to complete. But when I saw the following at the thrift store last week, I knew it'd be good for Valentine's Day projects:



This is 21" square, so I suppose it's a scarf. The label states that it is 100% cotton and was made in Japan. The flower design of the border does seem Japanese, I think. 

Not sure of its age, but I'd guess 1960's or 1970's. I paid a quarter for it.

The cotton is thin and soft, so I wasn't sure how well it would sew up, but I had no trouble making this:

This stuffed heart is about 4" high and 4" wide. It is simply trimmed with a piece of vintage rickrack, a piece of stamped twill tape and a vintage button.

I gave it to a friend I saw earlier today for, as I admitted, I may not get around to making her a Valentine's Day card this year. This handmade heart could take its place. 

She was happy with her heart, and I was happy to make it for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment