Monday, February 18, 2013

Get Carded - Valentine's Day

Hello! Better late than never, I'll show off the cards I made for my husband and daughter on Valentine's Day.

First up, my husband's Valentine:

Materials used:
- white card stock
- page torn from a vintage science textbook
- wallpaper sample altered with rubber stamp and paint
- heart shape cut from serendipity paper (the "paper" began as a 
  vintage restaurant menu)
- vintage button
- "boy" and "fun" cut from 1960's school papers (my husband's)

Close-up detail:




Now on to our daughter's card:


For this card, I used:
- white card stock
- piece of art paper I'd painted
- page torn from vintage science textbook
- hearts cut from serendipity paper (base was a vintage prayer book)
- vintage button
- "dear" cut from 1960's school paper

A detail:


As you can see, I used some of the same elements for both cards (vintage science textbook, school papers); this made crafting easier after a couple of weeks of making Valentine cards and gifts for two dozen + others. 

In fact, by the time Valentine's Day had rolled around, I had done enough crafting that my creative well felt rather dry, but I still had to make cards for the two most important people in my life. I feared I couldn't come up with good cards for them - but I think I managed!






No comments:

Post a Comment