Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Random Act Of Kindness

Hello! While reading a library book yesterday, I came across a small piece of yellow paper stuck between a couple of pages. At first I assumed it had been left in the book to mark a reader's place, but then turned the paper over and saw that this has been written on it:

Now, of course finding this piece of paper doesn't mean a lot in the big scheme of life, but nevertheless it pleased me. It felt good that someone had taken a bit of time to write this message for someone else to discover. I especially liked that the book had been a Mel Cat(Michigan eLibrary Catalog)request; it came from a library some 90 miles away. Thus, a completely random act of kindness! 

I've commented before on doing guerilla art (leaving art for others to randomly find), which I suppose could be considered acts of kindness as well. I can only hope that people who find what I leave behind enjoy my art pieces as much as I enjoyed the note above.

No comments:

Post a Comment