Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thrifty Acres: Rummaging Around

Hello! A local church recently held its annual rummage sale, so I headed over there to look for vintage Christmas items. Didn't come back with a ton of stuff, but the prices were good, so I was happy. What follows is a portion of what I purchased.

Above, one of two Doubl Glo Christmas ornaments; a mama bird with her two babies in a nest. Sweet! Made in Hong Kong.

Not sure what type of structure Santa is supposed to be standing in front of, but it's still cute. Made in Hong Kong.

Don't know where this roller skate ornament is from, but I liked the attention to detail on it. 




This perky reindeer, which is about 6 1/2" high, is one of two I found at the rummage sale. Made in Japan.

Handmade wreath, about 11" diameter. Not crazy about the rather large bow it'd been adorned with, nor the yarn tied to the plastic ring hanger on top, but these can easily be removed. I do like the fabrics used:

Close-up of some of the fabrics. The wreath had a simple charm that appealed to me.

And speaking of vintage, I also bought a box of quilt squares and fabric scraps. Not sure what I'll do with them, but I seem to find it hard to pass up vintage fabric. 

In fact, I now wonder if I should have bought the cutter quilt and the feed sack as well. I didn't exactly like the rather muted colors of the quilt, and the feed sack pattern was very faded, so I passed on them. 

Well, too late now, obviously! I'll just have to wait a year for that church's rummage sale to return. Who knows what treasures I'll find there then?


 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment