Friday, June 3, 2016

Get Carded: It's Graduation Time!

Hello! Graduation party time is here, and thus I made greeting cards to take to the celebrations for two fine young men. 

The first card I made was this one:

Materials used:

  • white card stock
  • scrap of altered 1880's ledger paper
  • dark red art paper scrap
  • vintage playing card; the letter "J", of course, references the first letter of the young man's name
  • "201" stamped on card stock scrap (to go with the number 6 on the playing card)
  • "201" written with red marker (to go with the number 6 on the playing card)
  • graduation cap stamped on white card stock scrap with black ink
  • "Dream Big" stamped in black ink on off-white card stock scrap
A close up:

Those 201's I added to the 6's on the playing card may look a little goofy, but I did that to change the 6 to a 2016, of course. The graduate's mother is used to my quirky crafting, so she can explain  my "embellishments" to her son if need be. 

Card number two:

Materials used:
  • white card stock
  • dark blue art paper scrap
  • blue and white plaid art paper scrap
  • graduation cap shape cut from gold art paper scrap with stencil
  • "Congratulations" stamped in black ink on white card stock scrap
  • "BEN" stamped in black ink on white card stock scrap
There's a good reason why this card is plainer than the first card: it was getting late in the evening last night, but the time flew by as I happily crafted away in my basement studio. 

But time wasn't the only thing that flew by - I suddenly heard a whoosh as something went past me. I didn't see the creature (I was looking down at the card in the proceeding photo), but I figured it was a bat. I also figured it was time to run up the stairs! Fortunately the card looks fine as is, so I'm considering it done. 

I find greeting cards for boys more difficult to make than cards for girls, probably because I don't have a son. But I think these two cards turned out pretty well, and I hope the two graduates think so too.

Congratulations to both young men!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment