Sunday, June 12, 2016

Get Carded: Another Graduation Card

Hello! We've watched the girl next door grow up from kindergarten through high school, and today was her graduation party. Here's how her card turned out:

Materials used:
  • white card stock
  • three layers of art paper scraps
  • "A" cut from vintage card game to match the initial of the graduate's first name
  • graduation cap stamped with black ink onto white card stock scrap
  • "Congratulations" stamped with black ink
A close-up:

I often build up layers of art paper scraps when designing my cards. It's a good way to use pieces of paper that might be too small to use otherwise, and I find it fun to coordinate colors this way. I might be easily amused though. 

I tend to make graduation cards on the simple side, with the school colors setting the tone for the design. I always figure the kids wouldn't appreciate a wackier or more complex design.

No, for those kinds of cards, my husband is the recipient. Father's Day is coming up in one week, so stay tuned for what I come up with then! 

But in the meantime, I still enjoyed making the above graduation card, and I hope the neighbor girl liked it too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment