Sunday, June 16, 2013

Get Carded - Father's Day Cards

Hello! As Father's Day 2013 winds down, it's time to show off the two cards I made for the occasion. 

For my dad:

Materials used:

- white card stock base
- photocopy of my dad from his WWII days in the Army Air Corps (pre-
  cursor of the Air Force). He was not a pilot; he repaired radio 
  equipment. He was stationed in several places, including the South
  Pacific and Japan (after the atomic bombs were dropped). 
- photo corners for mounting the photocopy onto the card
- blank bingo markers stamped to spell out "dad"
- red art paper scrap cut into a heart shape

This card came together pretty quickly, but I liked how it turned out!

My husband's card took longer to make.



I recently came across the Ben Franklin picture I'd cut out and saved some time ago(don't recall the source). I decided to use it for my husband's card since he's been avidly following the US Open tournament. No, he's not a golfer, but we used to live about 1 1/2 miles from the site of this year's tournament in suburban Philadelphia. 

Materials used:

- white card stock
- cutout of Ben Franklin
- copies of "conversation balloon"; source was a vintage pamphlet 
  advertising a book about the artist Jean Arp. The pamphlet was 
  free and I picked it up specifically because I knew I could use
  the balloon-like shape for a "conversation balloon". 
- printed copies of three Ben Franklin quotes. As I couldn't find
  any quotes that pertained to fathers, I chose ones that I
  thought my husband would find amusing. 
- "What Does Ben Franklin Say?", "Or, How About" and "Happy Father's
   Day!" were printed out. 

My husband loved the card; he found the quotes very amusing!




No comments:

Post a Comment