Thursday, February 9, 2012

Holidays - Valentine Exchange #1

Hello! Earlier this week I met up with a few friends to exchange handmade Valentine's Day cards, a fitting activity since we'd all met several years ago at an ATC (artist trading card) crafting class. It was a very small class, so it was easy to arrange get-togethers on our own once the class was finished. One of the students moved to CA a few years back, but the rest of us still keep tabs on each other from time to time. 


In this post I'll show off what I made for the exchange:




The three cards are waiting to be placed into handmade envelopes, which I had crafted out of old calendars. 

Individual close-ups follow:



I liked how these turned out. Materials used were: white cardstock, cream-colored felt, flower-shaped fabric piece, heart-shaped yo-yo, vintage button, vintage twill tape stamped with red ink, vintage ledger paper used for stem and heart-shaped leaves and vintage word cut from old school worksheet. 

A little more detail:




The schoolteacher who used the ledger book over 100 years ago would no doubt be surprised that his ledger now has a role of crafting material. The paper is delicate, so it has to be cut and handled carefully, but I enjoy giving it new life in my projects.

In another post, I'll show off what cards I received in return!

No comments:

Post a Comment