Monday, April 25, 2011

Made it - A Bevy of Bunnies

Hello! Now that Easter has come and gone, I can show off a little project I did for the holiday:


Might be hard to tell through the cellophane gift bags, but I made six small stuffed bunnies to give to my siblings yesterday, along with a few Easter candies tossed in for good measure.

Used a pastel print fabric for my sisters and a blue and white check for my brothers. There was significance to these choices - both had been in our late mother's fabric stash. This was our first Easter without her (she died last Christmas Eve), so I thought it'd be nice to give my siblings a little reminder of her.

The bunny pattern came from the thrift store. Easy to make other than being a little tricky to sew around the curves since the scale was small - these bunnies are only about 4" high. Still, I'd rather use a small pattern than a big one; I think small-scale stuffed items are more charming. 

Hope you had a Happy Easter as well!

2 comments:

  1. To quote an ecard a teacher of mine got once: "Hip, hop, hippity hop! Hip, hop, hippity hop! I'll go down in history as the cutest bunny you'll ever see! Hip, hop, hippity hop! Hip, hop, hippity hop!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't bunnies fun? I should get a pet rabbit!

    ReplyDelete