Thursday, December 3, 2015

Made It: For The Third Baby Boy

Hello! As I'd mentioned awhile back, I was surrounded by neighbor moms-to-be this year. All three women had sons, one after another - September, October and November. This post will be about the last baby. I waited to deliver his gift until our daughter came home from college for Thanksgiving. She wanted to meet the new little guy and also wanted to see his six-year-old big sister, on whom she dotes. 

The parents of the September baby seemed to like the stuffed toy I'd made for their son, so I decided to make another toy from the same vintage pattern set(seen here). And here's how my latest baby toy effort came out:

This time, I chose a dog pattern because the family has a pet dog. The toy is about 9" tall, is made from two blue fabric prints, has an embroidered face and has a blue ribbon tie around his neck.

Of course, I made a card for the occasion as well:

Materials used:
  • white card stock 
  • dark blue scrapbook paper
  • blue/white checked scrapbook paper
  • art paper scrap
  • baby image cut from 1940's craft magazine
  • "Baby BOY" stamped in blue ink on white card stock scrap
  • "Benjamin" cut from vintage library card catalog card (anybody else remember that method of looking up what books were in the library?)
Close up of the baby boy image:


I do enjoy using images from older publications.

I also enjoyed making this toy and greeting card to welcome our newest neighbor!

No comments:

Post a Comment