The parents of the September baby seemed to like the stuffed toy I'd made for their son, so I decided to make another toy from the same vintage pattern set(seen here). And here's how my latest baby toy effort came out:
This time, I chose a dog pattern because the family has a pet dog. The toy is about 9" tall, is made from two blue fabric prints, has an embroidered face and has a blue ribbon tie around his neck.
Of course, I made a card for the occasion as well:
- white card stock
- dark blue scrapbook paper
- blue/white checked scrapbook paper
- art paper scrap
- baby image cut from 1940's craft magazine
- "Baby BOY" stamped in blue ink on white card stock scrap
- "Benjamin" cut from vintage library card catalog card (anybody else remember that method of looking up what books were in the library?)
I do enjoy using images from older publications.
I also enjoyed making this toy and greeting card to welcome our newest neighbor!