Sunday, June 7, 2015

Get Carded: For Dad And Grad

Hello! Two card-making occasions came up recently - the open house to celebrate a niece's high school graduation, and a pre-Father's Day visit to my dad. 

So into my studio I went to create their greeting cards and here's what I came up with, starting with the graduation card:


Materials used:
  • white card stock
  • stamped background in blue ink
  • card stock scrap in yellow with blue and white stripes
  • blue and white origami paper scrap
  • graduation cap made from yellow card stock
  • diploma stamped on vintage time card piece in blue ink
  • stars stamped in blue ink
  • "Congratulations" stamped in blue ink
Of course, the colors used were based on the school colors of the graduate. The graduation-themed images were all from a rubber stamp set I'd gotten from a thrift store. Yes, even the graduation cap I'd cut out of yellow card stock - to make it, I just stamped lightly on the other side of the card stock, then cut it out to get my cap shape. 

I think this turned out pretty well. 

For my dad:

  • white card stock
  • green art paper scrap
  • scrap from vintage hymnal
  • scrap of vintage menu I'd altered
  • green/white striped paper from vintage magazine
  • flower stamped in green on scrap from vintage recipe booklet
  • "Here's to you Dad!" stamped on card stock scrap in black ink; portion of design colored in with green marker
I think you can guess my dad's favorite color!

Of course, Father's Day isn't for a couple of weeks yet, but my dad doesn't live too far from where the niece lives. However, neither live all that close to us, so it made sense to combine a visit to both in one weekend. 

Besides, we'll be back to visit my dad on the 4th of July for his 93rd birthday. And that means I'll have another card-making occasion coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment