Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Eats: Chai Coffee Creamer

Hello! Well, it's another day, another coffee creamer recipe. This time it's Chai Coffee Creamer. The recipe source is the same magazine clipping from where the previous post's recipe (Malted Coffee Creamer)had come. 

Chai Coffee Creamer

1 1/2 cups nondairy powdered creamer (see my notes below)
1 cup powdered sugar (see my notes below)
1/2 cup powdered milk
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons ginger 
1/2 teaspoon cardamon
1/2 teaspoon white pepper (see my notes below)
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. To serve, stir 1 tablespoon creamer into 1 cup hot coffee. 

Notes: as I'd done with the previous recipe, I swapped the nondairy creamer for the same amount of powdered milk, and used white sugar in place of the powdered variety. 

I didn't have white pepper on hand, so I just left it out. However, I did add a couple dashes of ground red pepper. That addition is totally up to you!

Here's how this creamer looks:


The faint brownish color you see is from the spices, of course. Next to the creamer is another of my Scandinavian holiday figures. This little guy is labeled on the bottom as being from Sweden, and the date "1971" is written there as well. He's is great shape considering he's 43 years old this year! 


I liked this creamer a lot! It gave my coffee a nice "warm" taste due to all those spices, and no, the bit of red pepper I'd added to the mix didn't make it spicy. I think it just enhanced the flavor of the other spices. 


While it adds more flavor to coffee than the Malted Coffee Creamer does, it didn't "lighten" the coffee as much as that recipe does. Thus, I had to add a bit more of the Chai Creamer to my mug. I think I'll try adding more powdered milk to the recipe next time.

As with the Malted Coffee Creamer, it was also suggested by whomever supplied this recipe that this could be placed into "gift jars of choice". 

So there you have it - another day, another easy gift idea for the coffee lover in your life. (even if that means you!)

2 comments:

  1. It sounds very yummy to me, I will add it to my wish list! and the santa looks very sweet & Swedish indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanna, thanks so much for stopping by! I LOVE your blog, so I feel very honored that you commented on mine. Hope you get a chance to try the creamer for yourself!

    ReplyDelete