Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Get Carded: The Perfect Card

Hello! While I don't always start out with a predetermined theme when crafting my greeting cardssometimes I'll find an image that so obviously fits a particular person, I just have to use it when their birthday rolls around. 

Such was the case earlier this year when I came across an ad for a knitting product in a vintage craft magazine. Part of the ad perfectly described a friend, so I waited several months until her birthday finally arrived and made her a card that included a scaled-down copy of the ad. 

Here's how the card turned out:

Materials used:
  • white card stock
  • scrapbook paper scrap
  • scrap from vintage cookbook cover
  • scrap of 1880's ledger paper, altered with red and white acrylic paints
  • photocopy of ad from vintage crafting magazine ad
  • vintage buttons
  • "happy birthday" stamped in black StazOn ink
And why was the ad so perfect for my friend? Not only is she extremely creative and talented, she's a knitting whiz as well. In fact, when I took her out to dinner last night to celebrate her birthday, she was wearing one of her knitted creations. 

Not visible above are the definitions for "creative": "pertaining to creation; inventive; productive" - and for "talented": "a special, superior ability in art, learning, etc." These definitions fit my friend too.

(In case you were wondering, for "knitter", the definition is given as "one who knits".) 

Like I said, I felt it was the perfect card to make for her! Of course, she has many fine qualities besides her artsy/crafty talents, but I couldn't resist using that ad to highlight that side of her.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment