Sunday, January 5, 2014

Thrifty Acres: Better Late Than Never

Hello! A couple of thrift stores in my area sell Christmas items year round, so a few days ago I picked up this:

This Santa is close to 2' tall and appears to be handcrafted. The materials used are of good quality - thick felts, a sturdy striped fabric, dark brown fringed trim and a miniature basket. 

Santa was well made too, as evidenced below:

His eyes were nicely painted and his fake fur beard was perfectly shaped. 

I appreciated the high quality of the crafting, and of course appreciated the low price as well - under $4.00. It never ceases to amaze me that thrift stores will often stick a price of one dollar on a dollar store item, yet charge rather low prices for well-made handcrafted decor such as my Santa. 

My newest St. Nick fit right in with one of his older counterparts (an antique store find):

I could only enjoy this latest addition for a short while, for it was time to pack away the Christmas decorations until December rolls around again. But I'm glad I found him - better late than never!

No comments:

Post a Comment