Saturday, August 17, 2013

Eats - Here's Help For Your Farmer's Market Frenzy

Dazzled by all the great produce showing up at your local farmer's market? Tempted by the offerings at a roadside stand? Did you decide to go to a U-Pick place and came home with more fruit than you had planned on? 

Awhile back I stumbled upon PickYourOwn.org, which is a huge, comprehensive site devoted to just about everything produce-related you can think of: where to find farm markets and U-Pick fields, how to know when to pick produce, how to can, freeze or dry produce, recipes, and a lot more! 

I first came across this site last fall when I wanted a refresher on how to cook a fresh pumpkin, and consulted it again recently when looking up info on how to freeze eggplant.

I haven't looked over the whole site, but I've enjoyed what I've read thus far. If you want to check out PickYourOwn.org for yourself, go HERE.

Enjoy those fresh fruits and vegetables in season - and beyond!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment