Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thrifty Acres: A Fun Fabric Find

Hello! One local thrift store has several large shelves devoted to fabrics, but lately this section has been disappointingly void of anything I've wanted to purchase. 

But today I was plenty interested in some older fabric prints that had landed on these shelves. There were several large pieces of fabrics along with bundles of smaller fabric pieces. 

I'm not a fan of the bundle approach. It seems that there's always some clunker fabric stuck in the set along with a cute print I really want. But today I found a bundle that I could live with. 

Here's my purchase - some of the large pieces along with the smaller pieces from the bundle:


Now for some close-ups:

 A sunny yellow.

Good for a fall project.

Spring or summer look.

Same print, different colors.

Mushrooms galore. Perhaps these prints are from the 70's?

Of these two, I like the print on the right the best. 

The fabric on the left doesn't seem as old as the other fabrics in the set, but I still like the print. 

 
Love the sailboat print! 

Think pink. 

Each fabric piece was priced at a little more than a dollar a yard, which is a bargain compared to fabric store prices. And these secondhand fabrics are better quality than the flimsy stuff often found in fabric stores today too! So needless to say, I was pleased with my purchase. 


2 comments:

  1. Just catching up with you! What a GREAT find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by, Judy! I agree, it was a great find; it was at Ditto, btw.

    ReplyDelete