Friday, May 31, 2013

Job Jar - Month #5

Hello! The job jar project kept me busy with various cleaning tasks this month. One of these was some heavy-duty cleaning in the basement; a large section was cleaned and decluttered. I'm not fond of old-house basements, which is what we happen to have: dark, dusty and musty. I have to be careful that I don't get affected by potential allergens, so this time I got smart and wore a dust/pollen mask. That mask helped some, and now at least one section of the basement isn't as dirty anymore!

I also did decluttering in the rest of the house, some extra cleaning and caught up on the filing of some paperwork. 

I was pleased to help others in several ways as well: gave something to a friend, offered assistance to neighbors, donated to a thrift store and looked for new volunteer opportunities. 

But as always, the job jar system provides a balance between doing for others and doing chores and doing some things just for fun. I tried out a new cookie recipe, did some sewing, made several holiday crafts (some of which were new projects), practiced drawing, painted, worked on a short story and read a craft book (it had only been sitting on a bookshelf, unread, for several months). 

I also treated myself to the reading of an uplifting book, some aromatherapy, and soaked in a bath with some mineral salts. I know that soaking in baths is almost a cliche for relaxation, but I had not done so in a long time. This was mostly due to the fact that for years, I suspected that our hot water heater wasn't functioning correctly. It seemed that the hot water supply was weak when we showered, so I knew that'd be true for a bath as well. Finally got the water heater repaired, and lo and behold - now there's plenty of hot water for showers and baths. 

And yes, I did enjoy my soak in the tub! Had some sore muscles from yardwork that day, so the bath really helped. 

I'm looking forward to what the June job jar will bring - and of course, will report at the end of the month as to how the project went.

No comments:

Post a Comment