Saturday, December 22, 2012

Thrifted Christmas

Hello! As we get close to Christmas 2012, it's time to show off some of the thrifted Christmas items I've purchased over the past couple of months. Vintage pickings have been slim at the local thrift stores, but fortunately a church rummage sale last month helped pick up the slack. So, let's begin the show and tell:

Fabric gingerbread person garland, $1.00 at church rummage sale. This is nearly 6' long from end to end! 

Close-up of some of the fabrics used:

I love this green print with small flowers all over. 

Fittingly, the gingerbread person garland resides for the season in my kitchen.

From the sale rummage sale, a couple of fabric angels. Not crazy about the green hair, but again, I liked the older fabrics used. 

Vintage glass bead garland in unopened package, 25c at a thrift store. I was very happy to find this, especially at that  price!

Large burlap bag; measures 17"w x 14"h, so it would hold a generous amount. 75c at a thrift store. I'm a sucker for felt and sequin crafts.

Recently the thrift stores have marked down their Christmas wares to 1/2 off, so I took advantage of the sale to buy this:

Above, 1959 Holt Howard candy dish, on sale for $2.00. I liked the soft blues and pinks; not the most common color scheme one sees at Christmas, but the colors happen to match our dining room decor nicely. 

I actually had purchased a few more Christmas items besides these,  these are just what I'm showing off today. As I'd said, there wasn't much vintage to be had in the thrift stores this holiday season, but I was happy to find what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment