Sunday, November 18, 2012

Farewell To Fall

Hello! Next Sunday will be just one month from Christmas, so I give a fond farewell to fall today by showing seasonal color both indoors and outdoors.

Part of my tabletop feather tree, which changes with the seasons. Above, a bridge tally card that dates from 1960. Unopened pack of 12 for 50c at a thrift store. 

Goofy pinecone, felt and pipe cleaner turkey, which also hangs on the feather tree. Thrift store purchase; bag of several small items for $1.00.

Squirrel-shaped basket, one dollar at a thrift store. He's holding three miniature squash.

Vintage pottery planter, purchased inexpensively at a garage sale, also holds miniature squash. 


Page from Childrens' Party Book, published in 1935 by the A. E. Staley company.


Our burning bush is nearly done "burning". 

Crabapples and crabapple leaves with maple tree in background.

Pie pumpkins on a vintage wire rack that I purchased at a thrift store last year. These pumpkins will be used to make pies for Thanksgiving. 


Statue of squirrel mother and her offspring; gift from my husband several years ago. I will bring this in for the winter, but I wanted to enjoy it outdoors through Thanksgiving. 

And speaking of Thanksgiving, this always perks me up:


Besides the colors that mimic fall leaves, I also like the fact that it cost me a mere dollar at a rummage sale a few years ago. The original price of $14.95 was still on the package. 

And now it's time for me to fall into my kitchen: I'm going to get a head start on the Thanksgiving dinner!



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment