Friday, February 8, 2019

Get Carded: A Month Of Many Cards

Hello! February is a month of many cards for me, primarily because I send out a few dozen valentines to family, friends and to the Valentines for Vets program.

But the first two cards I mailed out this month had nothing to do with February 14th - I made one birthday card and one sympathy card. 

The sympathy card, and its close-up:

I find sympathy cards hard to write, so I'm grateful that the rubber stamped sentiment helped express my feelings.

Materials used:
  • white card stock
  • off-white art paper scrap
  • image taken from Flavia's Cake and Candles, a small gift book I found for free at a local thrift store
  • Martha Stewart fine white glitter applied to the white flowers in the image. It doesn't show up in the photo but added a gentle, soft touch to the card. 
  • pink organza ribbon bow
  • "May all your precious memories help bring you peace and comfort through the days ahead" stamped in black ink onto vintage paper scrap
The birthday card:

And a close-up:

Materials used:
  • white card stock
  • image taken from Flavia's Cake and Candles (with a title like that, you know that the book is actually meant for birthdays, but I thought the floral image was appropriate for the sympathy card since flowers are common at funerals)
  • Martha Stewart fine white glitter applied to the stars on the plate, the cake icing and the candle flame. As with the sympathy card, the glitter added a nice touch.
  • pink organza ribbon bow
  • "happy birthday" stamped in black ink onto art paper scrap
I think that both cards turned out well and I hope the recipients liked them.

You'll notice that I used a few of the same elements for both cards: images from the same book, white glitter and pink organza ribbon bows. It's easier to design cards when you can use some of the same supplies, and easy is what I need during this month of many cards!

I'll show off more of the cards I've designed in my next post. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment