My husband laughed when he saw his card, which was my intended reaction. He likes humorous cards more than mushy ones, so that's the kind I make for him. I think it was the eyes image that made him laugh, but I think the owl image amused him as well.
A couple of close-ups:
- white card stock
- eyes image cut from takeout menu for Humal Chuli (a restaurant mentioned in my previous post)
- owl sticker from vintage stationery set (found in thrift store, perhaps from the 1970's)
- "turn" cut from vintage children's dictionary
- "60" cut from vintage bingo card
- "LOOK", "WHO'S", "ING" and "Happy Birthday" stamped with black ink onto scraps of various vintage papers
For some reason, we never used to keep birthday cards, but have done so for quite a few years now. Thus, this year's card will join the ones from previous years:
Quite a fun collection! But the whole bunch will come down soon - so all my handmade Valentines to him can be displayed instead.