Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Get Carded: Happy Graduation!

Hello! Family and friends gathered this past weekend to attend the high school open house for one of my nephews. A good time was had by all, and I also had a good time crafting his greeting card:

Materials used:
  • white card stock
  • gold art paper scrap
  • blue art paper scrap (has a bit of gold on it too)
  • graduate silhouette image cut from vintage wrapping paper
  • diploma shape stamped on white card stock scrap, ribbon colored in with blue marker; cut out and affixed to card
  • stars cut from blue serendipity paper and gold art paper scraps
  • "Congrats" stamped in blue ink
It's a rather simple card design, but I figured a young man wouldn't care for a fancier design. His high school has blue and yellow for its colors, so the blue and gold of this card was a close match.

But as for college school colors, this nephew is going to our alma mater, Michigan State University. So I used green and white ribbons to wrap a gift I'd made him (a fleece blanket made from a MSU-licensed pattern).

My nephew did very well in high school, so I have no doubt he'll do equally well at MSU. Good luck, and Go Green! Go White!

No comments:

Post a Comment