Sunday, April 26, 2015

Eats:Sour Cream Chocolate Cookies

Hello! Yep,another post,another cookie recipe. Most of the batch from the recipe I'd written up in my previous post went with my husband on a business trip.

In the meantime, I'd gotten the news that his brother's family - two adults and five kids - were going to be in our area over the weekend. Fortunately my husband made it back just in time to visit with them before they had to return home.

And fortunately I'd spied another tempting cookie recipe in my recent thrift store acquisition, Taste of Home's Chocolate Lover's Cookbook:

Sour Cream Chocolate Cookies (from Tina Sawchuck, Ardmore,Alberta)

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened (I used butter)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg, sour cream and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chips.

Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 3 dozen. (I got 30 cookies)

Here's how they turned out:





Recipe contributor Sawchuck commented "These soft cookies can easily be altered to make several varieties - I've added everything from mints to macadamia nuts to them." 

Tossing in other goodies sounds fun, but I followed the recipe as written this first time around. When our guests arrived, I showed them the tin and told them to help themselves since dinner had to wait until my husband showed up. The kids needed no urging and pronounced the cookies delicious!

When they had to leave I sent most of the cookies home with them, but I did try one for myself. They, were, indeed, delicious! Easy to make too. If you like chocolate, you can't go wrong with these. 

I do enjoy baking cookies, but don't do much baking once summer weather arrives. So it's good to get some baking while I can - even if that does mean two batches of cookies in a week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment