Friday, March 13, 2015

Get Carded: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hello! As far as I know, I don't have a drop of Irish blood in me, but that didn't stop me from crafting for the upcoming St. Patrick's Day holiday. With the very cold and snowy February we just had, it's been a pleasure to use springlike greens in my projects. 

Green happens to be my dad's favorite color as well, so I decided to take advantage of this by making him a St. Patrick's Day card:

Materials used:
  • white card stock
  • card stock scrap
  • shamrock shapes cut from paint chip sample (leaves) and card stock scrap (stems)
  • shamrock shape stamped in green ink onto scrap of vintage time card (time card chosen because of its green stripes)
  • "Happy Saint Patrick's Day!" lettered in black ink 

Close up of the larger shamrock shape:



This card was easy to do, although I found that cutting out small pieces of paint chips was a bit of a pain. 

I got the idea for making shamrocks from paint chips from this site. Hers look more elegant, but I think mine turned out okay - and the part of the chip I used was a green whose name actually is "Shamrock". Can't get more appropriate than that for a St. Patrick's Day card!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment