Well, fall is here, so I got the squirrel quilt square out and stitched away. As opposed to counted cross-stitch, where you have to pay close attention to what row you're on, this was much simpler to follow. It was the perfect project to work on while I was waiting for the plumbers to show up earlier this week.
I liked how it turned out:
I used six strands of embroidery floss, and used cross stitch, stem stitch, satin stitch, lazy daisy and French knot for the embroidery. It was relaxing to do, since as I'd said, there was very little concentration needed. I hadn't done this kind of needlework in a long time and enjoyed it! It probably helped that I also liked the squirrel design.
Not quite sure yet what I'll do with the completed stitchery; may turn it into a wall hanging by backing it with some fabric. But that'll wait until the workmen are done with the remodeling of the dining room, kitchen and upstairs bathroom. The damage done from the burst pipe we had earlier this spring is finally getting repaired!