Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Get carded - birthdays and a wedding

Hello! There's been several birthdays and a wedding this fall, so a small sampling of the cards I made for these occasions follows.

White cardstock, wallpaper sample, art paper piece, vintage picture domino cut in half and edged with red Staz On ink, vintage bingo marker (age of birthday girl, of course), shiny rickrack piece, and "Happy Birthday" stamped in brown Staz On ink on a piece of beige cardstock.

Birthday card 2:

White cardstock, art paper piece with William Morris design (from a book I got free at a garage sale), sample paper from a paper company (from a set of sample papers I got for 50c at a thrift store), bird stamped on white cardstock with black Staz On ink, then stamped with other colors, "happy birthday" stamped in black Staz On ink and scrap of decorative ribbon at the top. 

The ribbon placement was necessitated by the wording on the sample paper piece touting the color of paper produced by the company. Of course I didn't want that to show! The colors from the sample paper set perfectly matched the colors of the William Morris paper set, and as I had six cards to make, that made my task easier. I used the same basic components but mixed and matched papers, ribbons and stamped images. 

Of course, a boy of eight would not care about perfectly-matched tones of William Morris papers, so he got his own card design shown above. I used:  white cardstock, piece of vintage menu that I'd painted and stamped, art paper scrap, cardstock piece, vintage playing card (birthday boy's age represented), cotton yarn piece and stamped message with black Staz On ink.

I'd mentioned a wedding card and here it is:

White cardstock, 1880's ledger paper stamped with handmade stamp in red acrylic paint, "happily ever after" stamped on off-white cardstock scrap in red Ditto ink, "bride" and "groom" game pieces from a vintage Bridal Shower bingo game (bright red of the game pieces muted a bit with ivory acrylic paint), piece of red cord, ivory and red vintage buttons and a small floral embellishment. I really liked how this one turned out!

Well, I gotta run - I just remembered that the younger sister of the niece who got the first card shown has a birthday of her own to celebrate - so another card is needed!

2 comments: