I was just plain tired yesterday, due to a number of physically-demanding activities earlier in the week. I wasn't feeling whimsical, so instead I came up with this design:
- white card stock
- scrap from piano music workbook page, circa 1886 (paper with black vertical line on left side of card)
- image of hearts cut from 1980's graphic design book
- image of couple dancing cut from vintage magazine
- altered page from 1950's cookbook underneath dancing couple image
- SEP from monthly budget divider set
- 3 cut from 1920's card game set
- 32 cut from 1950's card game set
- sparkly piece in upper right corner from bag of costume jewelry purchased at an estate sale
But of course, the number 32 is there for a reason on the card - it represents how many years we've been married.
We've never celebrated our wedding anniversary in a big way, but we did enjoy a nice dinner out and an exchange of small presents. I got my husband one of the pricier craft beers he likes (he's too cheap to buy it for himself) and a batch of his favorite homemade candy.
In my next post I'll show off his gift to me.