Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Thrifty Acres - Just Because

Hello! I'm all for the buying of practical things at the thrift store - for example, the colander I bought for 50c, the fabric for making into shorts, a craft book with patterns for making gifts, and so on. 

However, sometimes I buy something at the thrift store just because. Case in point:

 
This chipper fellow made me smile when I saw him sitting on the shelf in the doll section of a local thrift store. I paid one dollar for him. He isn't vintage but looks as if he could be. 

Sitting, he measures 11" high x 8" wide, with legs 7" long and arms 5" long - in short, just the right size to sit on a shelf, which he readily does because he was stuffed just right! He was nicely sewn. I'd make a mate for him if I had the pattern, but for now he keeps his own counsel on a small table at the end of our upstairs hallway.



No comments:

Post a Comment